Kitchen ovens are the focal point of any kitchen. Do you remember your kids staring at the dark, hollow chamber with their tongue sticking out? Do you remember their impatience to get hold of the content of this mysterious cave? Yes, they were looking at the baking golden lasagna or that perfect chocolate cake. Maybe, kitchen ovens are not that mysterious but certainly are the focal point of your kitchen. Modern kitchens cannot function without ovens. These kitchen appliances will remain the center place of the kitchen for years to come.
Brands and Prices of Mounted Kitchen Ovens
- A standard Westinghouse 60cm kitchen oven will cost about $820. The product offers a single heating element, 3 cooking functions, A class energy efficiency and the 2 hour auto-off timer.
- The same product with 8 cooking functions, touch control timer and finger print resistant stainless steel will sell for $1250. The price for 90cm oven of the same company and similar specifications is about $2300.
- A standard Chef 60cm oven costs $670. You can buy the same product with few extra features for $720.
- Fisher & Paykel sells 60cm double wall ovens for $1800. The unit has 9 functions (combined), a vented frame and cavity.
- Everdure offers their 60cm units with triple glaze, 9 cooking functions, digital timer and the A class efficiency for only $740.
- The same company sells their 90cm hi-tec units for $1700.
- Technika is another famous supplier of kitchen ovens. Their standard 60cm products cost between $740-$1000. Although, the prices for these Technika units are relatively high, you get some innovations. For example, the company offers closed door for grilling and telescopic rails.
Freestanding Kitchen Ovens
Freestanding kitchen ovens combine 2 important appliances.
One is the oven and another is the cooktop.
The freestanding kitchen ovens are fantastic way to safe space.
They are also cheaper to install than their individual components.
These products require access to electricity (to run the oven) and gas (for the cooktop).
There are some models which use gas ovens but these units are rare. The electrical cooktops also exists and are popular among many households. However, the high cost of electricity shifts manufacturers' attention towards gas. The Everdure 50cm white freestanding oven with electrical cooktop costs around $600. The stainless steel Bellissimo freestanding kitchen oven with 5 gas burners and 5 cooking functions sells for $1700.
How to Choose Kitchen Ovens?
The freestanding electric ovens with gas fueled cooktops are the most economical choice.
They are cheaper to run, cheaper to install and save space.
Cooktops are used most of the time. Kitchen ovens, are needed sometime.
Thus, as long as the gas is cheaper than electricity, cooktops should run on gas.
Not only gas is cheaper but also cooks the food faster.
However, the critics of gas units complain that gas cooktops spoil the pots over time. Electrical elements, on the other hand, keep the cookery clean. Well, at the end the decision is yours! If you could not find the information you are after on this web site - let us know! Our experts would be glad to help you.